Irvine Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
It has been reported that there are several thousand pedestrians injured in accidents each year in California. Whether you were crossing a street at the crosswalk or walking on the sidewalk when you were hit, if a negligent party caused an accident that left you with life-altering injuries, you deserve to be compensated for your losses.
Benchmark Injury Law is a personal injury law firm helping clients in Irvine, California, who have been the victims of pedestrian accidents. Our team of personal injury lawyers and case managers understand what a difficult time you are going through as you recover from the physical and emotional injuries caused by the accident. That is why we are proud to help our clients with a unique and values-based approach. Our team is dedicated to developing strong relationships with clients, prioritizing client service and the individual needs of a client to deliver the best possible result. You deserve justice for what you have gone through. When you work with Benchmark Injury Law, you will benefit from having a trusted adviser who has your best interests in mind.
What Are Pedestrian Laws in Irvine, California?
While drivers do have a duty to be focused and alert while behind the wheel to avoid hitting anyone, pedestrians are also putting themselves in a vulnerable position whenever they cross a street. In order to keep the roads and crosswalks safe for both individuals walking and in cars, there are important pedestrian laws that you must follow:
- A driver may not pass a vehicle that is stopped at a crosswalk. This is because when you do this, you will be preventing a pedestrian from crossing the street on the crosswalk.
- A driver may not stop on a sidewalk, as this will always put a pedestrian in danger.
- All drivers must allow pedestrians to cross the road, and pedestrians must allow vehicles to get through intersections when the light is green.
- Drivers must yield the right of way to pedestrians crossing the roadway on a marked crosswalk.
- The only time you may drive on a sidewalk is when you are entering or exiting property in a designated driveway.
- Jaywalking is illegal in Irvine, California. If an accident occurs as a result of jaywalking, the pedestrian can be held liable.
If you need assistance understanding the complex laws surrounding pedestrian accidents in California, our knowledgeable pedestrian accident attorney may be able to help.
Common Pedestrian Accident Injuries
When a pedestrian is struck by a motor vehicle, the result can be catastrophic. Whether the accident involved the person being in a motor vehicle accident, motorcycle, or truck, some of the most common injuries suffered by victims include:
- Head injuries and traumatic brain injuries
- Back, neck, and spine injuries
- Cuts and bruises
- Broken or fractured bones
- Crushed limbs
- Loss of limbs
- Severe burns
- Internal injuries
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
If you have suffered an injury as a result of a driver’s negligence, you deserve to be compensated for your losses. At Benchmark Injury Law, our pedestrian accident attorney may be able to help you by calculating the amount you may be eligible to receive in compensation for damages like medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents in Irvine, California
Reckless, aggressive, or careless driving increases the possibility of an accident, but these behaviors could also render the driver liable for a victim’s damages if they cause a pedestrian accident.
In Irvine, negligent drivers who cause pedestrian accidents could be legally responsible for damages suffered by victims if they were engaging in dangerous behaviors at the time of the crash, including:
- Disregarding traffic signals, stop signs, or crosswalks
- Driving while distracted (such as texting and driving)
- Changing lanes without looking
- Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Aggressive driving
- Driving drowsy
At Benchmark Injury Law, we believe that at-fault drivers should always be held accountable for their negligence, especially when their carelessness leads to a serious injury or death.
How an Irvine Pedestrian Accident Attorney Can Help You Recover Compensation
Pedestrian accident claims are not the same as regular car accident injury claims. Not only do they often involve more significant injuries, but they can also be more challenging to investigate. By partnering with an experienced pedestrian accident lawyer, you can benefit from having an experienced advocate on your side who will:
- Conduct an independent investigation into your pedestrian accident
- Gather all of the evidence related to the crash
- Make sure your medical records are evaluated thoroughly by a healthcare professional
- Accurately calculate the full extent of your losses
- Know how to deal with aggressive insurance companies
- Fight to achieve a fair settlement on your behalf
If you were walking, biking, skateboarding, roller skating, or riding a scooter in Irvine when a negligent driver struck and hurt you, you can count on attorney Shaun Phillips to help. Shaun has what it takes to negotiate with insurers on your behalf, and can help you recover damages for the harms and losses you have suffered. Even if the at-fault driver is uninsured and your injuries are severe, Shaun may be able to recover compensation for you, including by filing a lawsuit against the at-fault party.
Contact an Irvine Pedestrian Accident Lawyer for Help
If you have been the victim of a pedestrian accident, you may be recovering from life-altering injuries. You deserve to seek justice for the losses you have suffered as a result. To get help with your claim, contact a trusted pedestrian accident lawyer in Irvine, California.
Benchmark Injury Law is a Irvine personal injury law firm with a unique and values-based approach to helping clients in California pursue the justice they are owed. The team is dedicated to developing strong relationships with clients, prioritizing client service and the individual needs of a client, to deliver the best possible result. For a free consultation, contact us or call (949) 504-9031.