Irvine Burn Injury Lawyer
Burn injuries can be incredibly painful and often have long-term physical and emotional consequences. Many burn injury victims are forced to endure long hospital stays, extended time off of work, and arduous, painful recovery periods. If someone else’s negligence caused your burn injury, you deserve to have an experienced legal advocate on your side.
At Benchmark Injury Law, our dedicated team of personal injury attorneys and case managers is committed to helping burn injury victims in Irvine and the neighboring areas. We have a proven track record of successfully protecting our client’s rights and interests as we build solid claims on their behalf. When you partner with us, you can trust us to prioritize your needs as we work tirelessly to deliver the best possible result.
Common Types of Burn Injuries Sustained in Irvine
Burn injuries have a host of causes that are beyond an active fire, and the severity of the burns sustained can vary widely. While one injury may only require a topical treatment, others may need extensive care including surgical intervention. Some of the most common burn injury accidents in Irvine include the following:
- Thermal: Thermal burns can occur when the skin is exposed to a heat source such as a fire or hot stove. Thermal burns can also occur during a car accident when the airbag deploys and releases hot gas.
- Radiation: Radiation burns can be caused by prolonged exposure to the sun, x-ray machines, or ultraviolet light.
- Chemical: Household chemicals like bleach and other detergents may cause chemical burns with prolonged skin exposure. When working with chemicals in the home, wearing rubber gloves can help you prevent chemical burns.
- Friction: When your skin drags across a physical surface, a friction burn may occur. Friction burns are common in motorcycle accidents via what is commonly referred to as “road rash.”.
- Electrical: Live electrical wires and currents can cause severe burn injuries. Electrical burns are widespread on construction and other worksites where live wires are present.
After a burn injury in Irvine, it is vital to seek professional medical attention as soon as possible. Many burns may not seem severe at the time of the accident, but may worsen over time if not treated by a medical professional.
Who Can I Hold Liable for My Burn Injuries in Irvine?
After suffering a severe burn injury, you may feel overwhelmed, confused, and unsure about what action to take. At Benchmark Injury Law, our team of experienced Irvine burn injury lawyers and case managers can help. Our team will thoroughly investigate your case and collect necessary evidence to determine who may be held liable for your injuries. Some common tortfeasors include:
- Transit companies
- Building or property owners
- Negligent employers
- Government agencies
- General contractors
The specific facts of your burn injury case matter, and it is possible that more than one person or party may bear fault for your burn injuries. When you hire Benchmark Injury Law, our Irvine burn injury lawyers will investigate the facts of your case thoroughly, and will work tirelessly to hold each negligent party fully accountable for your harms and damages.
Possible Damages Available Through a California Burn Injury Claim
Unfortunately, burn injuries can dramatically impact the victim’s life, causing significant physical, emotional, and financial challenges. Through a personal injury claim, your attorney can help you pursue just compensation for your losses. Here are some types of damages you may be able to recover through a burn injury claim:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Past and future loss of income, loss of earning capacity
- Physical disfigurement or disability
- Emotional distress
- Pain and suffering
- Wrongful death
Each case is unique. Your Irvine burn injury attorney will review every detail of your case to determine which damages you may be eligible to collect.
Speak to a Knowledgeable Irvine Burn Injury Lawyer at Benchmark Injury Law
At Benchmark Injury Law, our team of personal injury attorneys and case managers is committed to helping burn injury victims hold negligent parties accountable for the full extent of their pain, suffering, and other losses. We know the “ins” and “outs” of California personal injury law, and are ready to help you pursue your rightful claims. We take a unique, values-based approach to every case, and you can trust us to go to bat for you.