Irvine Catastrophic Injury Lawyer
A minor injury can cause significant distress and inconvenience, but a catastrophic injury, such as broken bones, the loss of a limb, or a traumatic brain injury, can alter the trajectory of your life, and your family’s life. If you or someone you love has suffered catastrophic personal injuries as a result of someone else’s negligence, you have a legal remedy! The law allows you to pursue the negligent party for things like medical care – present and future – pain and suffering, emotional distress, and more. In the wake of an accident, hiring an experienced lawyer to help you pursue damages resulting from your catastrophic injury should be a serious consideration. At Benchmark Injury Law, our Irvine catastrophic injury lawyer, Shaun Phillips Esq., is committed to providing a unique and values-based approach to personal injury, assisting a variety of clients pursue the justice they so deserve. The firm is dedicated to developing strong relationships with clients, prioritizing personalized legal service and unique client needs to deliver the best possible result. You may not be sure how to proceed next, but our Irvine catastrophic injury lawyer will help guide you throughout the process.
How Benchmark Injury Law Can Help Your Irvine Catastrophic Injury Claim
At Benchmark Injury Law, we prioritize exceptional client service and we fight for the best possible results in recovering the compensation you are entitled to in an Irvine catastrophic injury claim. Beginning the claims process may feel daunting, but we are here to help navigate the complexity of your claim and support you in the following ways:
- Investigating your accident: No matter the type of accident, we extensively investigate your accident (whether it be car, slip and fall, truck, or another source) to discover the available evidence and formulate a winning case strategy.
- Obtaining witness statements: we can locate witnesses, and preserve testimony that can be used to establish key elements such as liability and damages.
- Retaining experts to testify on your behalf: We work with qualified experts in a variety of fields to testify on your behalf regarding issues such as liability, mechanisms of injury, the extent of injuries and cost of future care required.
Proving Liability in an Irvine Catastrophic Injury Claim
In Irvine, a victim who is harmed or catastrophically injured due to someone else’s negligence holds the burden of proof to establish liability – that is legal responsibility – for the accident and the ensuing damages.. Benchmark Injury Law can help you develop a winning case strategy, which includes:
- The negligent party owed you a reasonable duty of care. For example, following California law while driving
- The negligent party violated a reasonable duty of care. For example, the negligent party caused the accident as a result of texting-and-driving
- The breach of duty of care directly caused your catastrophic injuries and other losses
- You suffered significant economic and non-economic damages
Once liability for the accident is established, our Irvine catastrophic injury lawyers can then help you determine what the fair value of your claim is – and we won’t settle for less!
Compensation Recoverable in a Successful Irvine Catastrophic Injury Claim
Catastrophic injuries may be life-altering and permanent and require long-term medical or live-in care, depending on the severity of the accident. With the help of an experienced Irvine attorney, you may be able to recover present and ongoing economic and non-economic damages, including the following:
- Medical expenses
- Property damages
- Physical or occupational therapies
- Psychological treatment
- Short or long-term live-in care
- Lost income
- Reduced or lost earning capacity
- Disfigurement or scarring
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Pain and suffering
- Punitive damages
Punitive damages may be awarded in catastrophic injury cases in some circumstances where you can prove by clear and convincing evidence that the negligent party engaged in conduct with malice, oppression or fraud.. While economic and non-economic damages are available to compensate the catastrophic injury victim for losses (to make the victim “whole”), punitive damages are used to punish.
At Benchmark Injury Law, we understand the catastrophic injury claims process and have a reputation for success in settlements and litigation.
Speak With an Experienced Irvine Catastrophic Injury Lawyer at Benchmark Injury Law
Have you or a loved one been the victim of a catastrophic injury? Benchmark Injury Law helps clients who have suffered catastrophic injuries receive the maximum compensation they deserve. We will ensure your rights are protected every step of the way and use our knowledge, experience, and resources to deliver the best possible outcome.