No matter how safe or experienced you are as a driver, accidents may still occur when least expected. Each year, three million individuals are injured in car accidents across the United States. If you or a family member have been involved in a damaging car accident, you may have suffered life-altering injuries that have left you with a long road to recovery and costly medical expenses.
At Benchmark Injury Law, the team of personal injury lawyers and case managers are dedicated to helping clients in Irvine, California, who have been victims of car accidents pursue maximum compensation for the losses that they suffer. Depending on the severity of the car accident, a person’s injuries can very widely. However, there are some injuries that are most common after California car accidents.
What Are the Most Common Car Accident Injuries in California?
Car accidents can cause all types of injuries. Whether you accident is minor or more severe, it is crucial that you seek medical attention following the crash. After you have been checked by a medical professional, you should contact a personal injury lawyer to get help filing a car accident injury claim to pursue compensation for the injuries you have suffered as a result of the accident. Some of the most common injuries suffered by car accident victims in California include:
- Head injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Back, neck, and spine injuries
- Broken or fractured bones
- Crushed limbs
- Loss of limbs
- Severe burns
- Cuts and bruises
- Internal injuries
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
Many people assume that car accident victims may only pursue compensation for their physical injuries. However, that is not the case. A knowledgeable personal injury lawyer can help you pursue damages for all physical, emotional, and psychological injuries you have suffered as a result of the accident.
What Compensation Are You Eligible for After a California Car Accident?
When you are injured in a car accident, you may be eligible to receive compensation for your injuries and losses. Depending on the details of your case, you may be eligible for the following damages:
- Medical expenses: If you have suffered extensive injuries as a result of your accident, you likely have costly medical bills and expenses that you must pay out-of-pocket. In this case, you may be eligible to receive compensation for the medical expenses you have had to pay, like doctors visits or expensive surgeries.
- Past lost income, future loss of income: If your injuries have prevented you from being able to work, you may be compensated for all past and future wages.
- Property damage: If you have suffered property damage as a result of the car accident, you should receive compensation for the cost to repair or replace the damaged property. This may include a damaged vehicle, bicycle, or any property within the vehicle at the time of the accident.
- Pain and suffering: You may be compensated for all of the pain and suffering you have had to endure as a result of the accident.
If you are unsure of what damages you may be eligible for, a personal injury attorney may be able to help by going over the specific details of your case.
Contact an Irvine, California Car Accident Lawyer
After being involved in a severe car accident, you may feel overwhelmed or confused. As you recover, the idea of going through the California claims process can seem daunting. However, you do not need to go through this process on your own.
Benchmark Injury Law is a personal injury law firm in Irvine, California, with a unique and values-based approach to helping clients who have been the victims of car accidents. The team is dedicated to developing strong relationships with clients, prioritizing client service and the individual needs of a client to deliver the best possible result. To schedule a free consultation, fill out our contact form or call (949) 504-9031.